Hello, Karen Millie-James.
1. What is the title of your latest book?
The Shadows Behind Her Smile
'As soon as corporate forensic specialist, Cydney Granger, hears the crunch of tyres on her driveway, she knows they’ve come to report her husband is dead. After all, Captain Steve Granger had barely left for Afghanistan when she’d had the first of those terrible premonitions.'
I am not sure if my book has a message. The title indicates that the protagonist, Cydney Granger, has things in her past which are constant reminders to her of pain and tragedy, but she smiles through it and does not give anything away. The second meaning is of course the shadows of spirit around her with whom she can communicate.
3. Would you rather take your reader to another way of existence than share a message?
I would like to open the reader’s mind to possibilities.
4. Will your novel expand the reader's mind? If so, in what way?
I would hope so, whether that be to acknowledging that people can get through tragedies in their lives and overcome any obstacles, to learning about the highly competitive corporate world.
5. How long have you been writing?
The book has taken nearly three years to write including a few months of editing.
6. How did you learn your craft?
My background is in business and languages therefore the craft of writing was not that difficult. I love the classics and started reading those at a very early age.
7. Where do your ideas come from?
Possibly from life experiences as how else could you write but the development of the book and characters was something that flowed easily.
8. Give the reader links to your work.