The survey asked more than 2,000 American millionaires what their biggest regret in life was. Here are the results in full:
1) A mistake in a relationship with my family (23 per cent)
2) Not spending more time with my family (17 per cent)
3) Not taking enough chances (15 per cent)
4) Not taking care of my health (11 per cent)
5) A misstep in my career (9 per cent)
6) Focusing too much on my career (7 per cent)
Okay, we're not all millionaires. But they're just people who have succeeded in enterprise. What of the ordinary, down-to-earth people like you and me?
It's really hard to think of my own regrets during a life spanning 73 years. But, taking the points already covered, I'll see how I would have answered.
2) Therefore, I didn't spend enough time with them when I left.
Now, 25 years later, I wonder if things would have been different had I stayed and spent more time with them. Of course, I couldn't because they were spread out all around the huge country. Finances wouldn't have allowed me to travel for visits.
Apart from that, I met and married my present husband in England. We've lived 25 happy years together, traveled the world and are now supporting each other in our old age.
3) I took plenty of chances.
4) I took care of my health.
5) I never had a career, but I started working when I reached England.
6) Never focused on my career though.
How about you? Any regrets?